Sunday, April 18, 2010

Easter Bonnet

Do you remember when it was a big deal to have and wear an Easter bonnet? I certainly do. When I was growing up, every woman that I knew or was related to looked forward to buying a new Easter hat every spring. Two weeks ago today on Easter Sunday, I looked around at church and realized that I was the only one wearing a hat! It was not new but it still looked very nice. Later when we went out to eat with our son and his family, I told our grandaughter the story about the hat I was wearing. It is black straw and has a beautiful black rose in the center of the brim in the back. A very stylish hat if I do say so myself. I told our grandaughter that the first time I wore this hat was to her christening. She is now fifteen so that was some time ago. I also told her that a hat can be a lifetime investment. All that is needed is a good hat box for storage. I remember all of the beautiful hats I saw ladies wearing in my childhood. I think we have lost so much when we have, for the most part, not continued this tradition. Department stores even eliminated hat departments for some years after the hippie period in the 60's. Today a lady may find a lovely hat in the right store and can add fun, beauty and a little spice to her life by buying one. And...men seem to always notice and admire a lady wearing a hat. So add something special to your relationship with your husband or favorite beau by adding a new hat to your wardrobe very soon. Another way to spuce up a happy relationship/marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment